UI elements

How can I make sepreated UI elements for my fellow team members to use?

Last week I did some research about home screens in game. This week I used my own product as a available product analysis. To create new Ui elements, which suits our games style.

This week I created a Quiz item for our game. I took in consideration the home screen design, which I created last week, when creating the Quiz item for the game.

Afterwards we got feedback from the teachers how I could make separated buttons without filling them in with icons or text, so that the devs could use it for places where they need it.

Of each button I created 3 variants. Normal, Pressed and Inactive. I also created one new prop for in game and updated the home screen UI.



And we decided to have a status, or better said, condition bar in our levels. To see the current state of the level. So I came up with a condition bar which is full and green at the beginning of the level with a green happy smiley. And when the condition lowers the bar turns red and the smiley turns sad. 

conclusion

I’ve expanded the look and feel of the game to the other screens. Which makes our game feel more like a whole instead of separate projects glued together. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2D isometric character design

Industry Project Kick Off

Designing the homescreen