Game pitch and 2D isometric art



Research strategies and methods used:
 Library
Workshop
  • Tutorial
Showroom

Game Pitch

This week we’ve started the week with a Game pitch.

We’ve created the pitch last week. The pitch gave our clients and the teachers an idea of what we are going to build this semester for game design. It describes the main areas of our game. Thanks to the pitch both the teachers as the clients now know what to expect form our project. They also gave us feedback which is an essential part for our development. We’ve applied the feedback in our project.

After the pitch we’ve created user stoeries in Devops to work on. I was assigned to make the art for this sprint together with Martijn, another team member.

How can we make isometric 2d art for our game?

I’ve firstly searched for existing games which use this kind of art style. I found an awful lot of examples, not only games but also other media which use 2d isometric art.

After searching for available software packages to make 2d isometric art, I’ve come to the conclusion that Adobe Illustrator is perfect to make 2D isometric art assets. The great thing about this software package is that I already own this product.

I’ve than searched for and watched some tutorials in which the video maker explains and shows how to make this kind of art. Following these tutorials gave me an good understanding on how to create 2d isometric assets.

I’ve then created my own 2d isometric assets. To validate the results I’ve asked my team members if they like this art style and if they think it suits our initial idea. They’ve confirmed this, that’s why I’ve created more assets.

Conclusion:

I’ve created a couple of assets this week which can bee seen in the image above. These assets will be used in our first game demo. The details of these assets can always be upgraded when there is more time left to spend on the art for the game.

Bibliography:

2d Isometric Art examples

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2D isometric character design

Designing the homescreen

Industry Project Kick Off