2D isometric character design


How can I create an character in 2D isometric art style?

research

Like the most researches I do I start with Available product analysis. I like this method cause it gives me an overview of the already existing products. It also give me some inspiration. I’ve searched for character art in 2D isometric style.


I came across a couple of samples. And with the knowledge from the previous weak I’ve started creating my own character. I did adjust the grid size on my view though, cause I needed more details in my character. In the research of last week I found out that creating rounded objects were difficult that why I decided to make a blocky character because of the details.

Conclusion:

I’ve created a character which suits our design and theme. The character can be seen in the image above. I was planning to upgrade the character design to a more rounded form. But I kind of like this style. So I will discuss this with the group. And if they agree we can keep this blocky character style.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Designing the homescreen

Industry Project Kick Off